Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting over a breakup

I think I figured out the best way to get over a breakup. Instead of sitting on the couch, apathetically consuming pints of ice cream while watching old reruns, I’ve decided to take a healthier approach to dealing with the awkwardness of being newly single: exercise.

They always tell you to focus on yourself when you get out of a long-term relationship. Improving my health seemed like the best way to go about doing this.

Exercise will literally strengthen your heart, and really helps clear your mind when a particular person pops into your thoughts. I’m not necessarily the “athletic” type (I’m relatively short, have very little patience, and can be somewhat uncoordinated) so my past interest in exercising has been generally short-lived, but I’ve been consistently working out daily for a week with great results. I just started, but I already feel more energetic and confident.

I guess it’s difficult to get over the first couple of days, but once you’re ready to get moving, go for it. Your mind and body will thank you.

As my beloved freshman PE coach often said; “looking good, feeling good!”

No comments:

Post a Comment